Rumble Agent - Release Notes
- Version 1.2.0 is a rollup of post-1.1.0 point release work.
- Improved normalization of wireless network fields for the wlan-list probe.
- Additional bug fixes for SNMP processing.
- Initial support for the wlan-list probe module.
- Better support for truncated HTTP responses.
- Invalid SNMP responses are now handled more efficiently.
- A bug that could lead to memory exhaustion when Max Group Size was set to zero has been resolved.
- A bug in the SNMP probe that could result in the scan missing the last round of enumeration results has been fixed.
- Scans that result in excessive memory usage will now automatically upload a heap profile to enable support diagnostics.
- Improved error handling and logging, minor performance increase.
- Reduced memory usage on scan reply deduplication.
- Cisco-specific MIBs are now enumerated for CAM/MAC table enumeration.
- SNMP v2 is now queried two ways by the SNMP probe to improve device compatibility.
- SNMP v3 authenticated enumeration is now available.
- A number of small bugs in the SNMP probe have been resolved.
- The SNMP probe will now try to obtain the full interface and MAC address list from each asset.
- Miscellaneous fingerprinting improvements.
- Improved protocol detection for the Click Modular Router daemon.
- A bug that could lead to a agent being stuck in “stopping” status when a scan is stopped has been resolved.
- Scans now support the
Max Group Size option to limit the number of concurrent scan targets.
- The MAC address prefix database and various other dependencies and fingerprints were updated.
- The SYN probe now sends retries using the same source port and sequence number to minimize duplicate responses. MAC address fingerprints have been updated.
- The SYN probe now retries twice if no RST is received. This improves reliability at the cost of a small increase in scan times. This can be changed by the
syn-max-retries parameter in the console.
- Scanner performance is no longer reduced when the ARP probe is enabled for non-local scan targets.
- The macOS agent now supports additional interface types (loopback and tunnel adapters).
- A race condition was fixed that could cause an agent to crash mid-scan. Affected scans would have an error status of
task lost to agent restart.